The BookPeople Hardie Grant Children's Publishing Bookseller of the Year Award recognises individual children's specialist booksellers for their outstanding achievements in the past twelve months. The winner will not only be identified for their exceptional performance within the bookshop that they work in but also for their achievements within the book industry as well as the local and wider community. This award gives booksellers the chance to be recognised by the book industry for innovation, excellence and career achievements. The recipient of the award will receive $1,000.
Hardie Grant Children’s Publishing Children’s Bookseller of the Year – shortlist
- Mia Florance, Harry Hartog Tuggeranong
- Fran Hancox, Escape Hatch Books Kew East, Victoria
- Katherine Matthews, Mary Martin Bookshop
- Rachel Robson, Gleebooks
The winner will be announced at the BookPeople conference gala dinner on June 18th.
2022 winner: Becky Lucas, Shakespeare’s Bookshop
2. The nominee can self-nominate or be nominated by a peer, employer, or colleague and must work at a BookPeople member bookshop.
3. The judging is made by a panel. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. Not open to management committee (employees of management committee members can be nominated).
6. CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm Monday 1st May 2023.