The BookPeople Penguin Random House Australia Young Bookseller of the Year Award recognises and rewards the excellence of a bookseller 35 or under and promotes bookselling as a career choice for young people. This award gives booksellers the chance to be recognised by the book industry for their career achievements, innovation and outstanding performance in their stores as well as the local and wider community. The recipient of the award will receive $1,000.
We are very excited to announce the Penguin Random House Young Bookseller of the Year 2023 winner is:
Emily Westmoreland, Avenue Bookstore
Penguin Random House Young Bookseller of the Year - shortlist
- Emma Chan, The Book Cow Kingston
- Lexie Eatock, Better Read Than Dead
- Matt Farrell, Burns Bay Bookery
- Emily Westmoreland, Avenue Bookstore
2016: Amelia Lush, Better Read Than Dead
2015: Gerard Elson, Readings St Kilda
2014: Helene Byfield, Books Kinokuniya
2013: Louise Fay, Dymocks Adelaide
2012: Megan O'Brien, Shearers Bookshop
2. The candidate must be aged 35 or under on 18th June 2023.
3. The nominee can self-nominate or be nominated by a peer, employer, or colleague and work at a BookPeople member bookshop.
4. The judging is made by a panel. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. Not open to management committee (employees of the management committee can be nominated).
5. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated.
6. CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm Monday 1st May 2023.