The BookPeopleText Publishing Bookseller of the Year Award recognises an individual bookseller for their outstanding achievement in the past twelve months. The winner will not only be identified for their exceptional performance within the bookshop that they work in but also for their achievements within the book industry as well as the local and wider community. This award gives booksellers the chance to be recognised by the book industry for innovation, excellence and career achievements. The recipient of the award will receive $1,000.
We are very excited to announce the Text Bookseller of the Year 2023 joint winners are:
Bronwyn Druce, Red Kangaroo Books, and Mark Rubbo, Readings.
Text Bookseller of the Year – shortlist
- Allya Bella, Berkelouw Books Paddington
- Ross Dillon, Dillons Norwood Bookshop
- Bronwyn Druce, Red Kangaroo Books
- Molly Murn, Matilda Bookshop
- Mark Rubbo, Readings
2. The nominee can self-nominate or be nominated by a peer, employer, or colleague and must work at a BookPeople member bookshop.
3. The judging is made by a panel. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. Not open to management committee (employees of management committee members can be nominated)
5. Previous winners are not eligible to be nominated
6. CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm Monday 1st May 2023